Hello and welcome to the 304th edition of the Festival of Frugality! I am happy to be hosting this week and I hope you enjoy this edition’s entries as much as I did.
I hope you had a fun and safe Halloween. After years of not paying much attention to the holiday, Halloween quickly became a favorite again after having kids. My kids went as a witch and a bumblebee this year. Too much cuteness! I’m not biased at all. I was going to share a picture here but my computer and camera are having another fight, so I can’t. Instead, I’ll share them from last year as a kitty and a puppy
This week’s editor’s picks are as follows:
- A Simple Technique to Help Parents Meet Their Savings Goals
- Simple Technique To Help Parents Meet Savings Goals
- It’s Okay If You Suck When Starting Your Budget
- Emergency Fund Circa 1939
- Waste Not, Want Not — A Guide to Using Leftover Food
- Don’t Let Your Purchases Fall Prey to Your Emotions
- Did Americans Get Poorer or is USA Today Wrong?
I know, lots of editors picks. Hate me.
And now, the rest of the links!
Frugal Tips for Around The House
- Long Distance Voice Plan vs Skype With Roaming Data Plan
- Entertainment on the Cheap
- 101 Ways to Use Vinegar–the Magic Elixir
- 10 Tips to Save Energy and Money This Winter
- 15 Items that Impact the Cost of Homeowners Insurance
- Inadvertent BOGO
- Free Trips to Japan and $1 Houses: Too Good to be True?
- How to Cut Those Scary Halloween Costs
- 7 Ways to Save More Money
Making Extra Cash
- Great Fall and Winter Jobs for Kids
- Is Working Overtime Worth It?
- 10 Common Characteristics of Millionaires You Can Follow
- 5 Easy Ways to Find Extra Cash This Holiday
- Help Raise Money for Charities by Selling Your Old CDs
Thanks for visiting this edition of the Festival of Frugality – thank you to all who submitted links!